Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blog 17 data transcript



DATA
On recorder 1.
In the recorder: I am here with my friend Chichi 5/14/2013. The time is now 3:47. An interview is being conducted and we both agree to be recorded. Real names will be kept confidential.
I began introducing the interview in Spanish.  This I did for warm up purpose for the several present people and for myself. In the room, there was his brother and an uncle. I was not sure if it was a good idea let them be in the room or ask to be left alone.  They very interested on observing the interview though and I thought it was good for the environment to get Chichi to open up.  I am not sure how this played out yet.
Me in the recorder, “So, now, I will speak in English because I will be writing in English therefore I rather do the interview in English since we both speak English”.

Mine. So, thank you Chichi for agreeing to interview with me.  It really is a pleasure to meet with you and thank you ahead of time for doing this for me.
Mine. So, tell me do you have any goals? Or things you would like to do in your future?
C. Well, I….goals
Mine. What are you currently doing?
C. I am doing out of cat. Out of cat, computer computer classes. Goals, I would like to go to college and try to be a detective or if not. I don’t know… I am stucked.
Mine. So, basically you think maybe you would like to be a detective? But, you are not sure because that can change later?
C. Yes, that could change.
At this point, he stopped my recorder.  We spoke again about if to do the interview with the recorder or not.  We agree to use the recorder when I inform him if ok to omit information or not answer a question he doesn’t feel comfortable.
Recording number 2.
Mine. I don’t know if the other recording was kept but will continue from here on.
Please do not touch my recorder gain. Smile.  That is not for you to touch.  That is for your voice to go in there. Kidding but meant it.
Goals
Mine. What are you doing to achieve those goals?
C. Well, right now I am not doing anything. My first step is to finish HS after that…I will try to go to college. I have already the contact, a friend of mine she will try to set me up so I can try to go to college for free.  After that, then I going to pick the career that I want to do.
Mine. Ok.  Well, it sounds like you are on the right path. The thing about college is that is ok to in not knowing yet what you are going to major in because you still have time to explore.  So, I do want to encourage you to go to college to get an education.
Mine. What could help reach those goals or what are your obstacles?
I could do whatever I want. There is not obstacle in the way.
Mine No?
C. NO, not at all.  There are people who come way worse situation than I and then make it and if they make it, I can make it too.
Mine. Yes, I like you positivism. I really liked that.
Mine.  You basically feel you can do anything….
C. I feel I can do it.  If I keep repeating that to myself then I will. I just really have to be consistent in my believe in order to make it.
Mine What do you feel proud about?
C. Mostly, I like to read. I like writing poems and I never give up on working on that even when a mishap happens.  I lost my work twice but I continue to write
Mine So, you do have some skills? That is skills.  It is art. (me surprised)
Yeap.
Mine So, you feel most proud about that part of you
Yeap
Mine On that note, how do you think people see you?

C. I have no idea how people see me and I don’t really mind because I got to see myself for things I think are best for me.  I don’t really mind how people see me. I really mind how my family sees me but people not related to me, I don’t care.
Mine How do you see yourself?
C. I see myself as a good person. I am on the right path I may sometimes be lets say well you know when you get to that question I may get to that question…
Maybe I won’t. Give it to me.
Mine About family related. I may argue with my Mom. Like, I recognize that is the only bad thing I have, besides that, I am good.
Mine Ok.  But, I lot of times that is pretty normal during adolescence years.
Mine You know most adolescents argue with their parents
C. So, if that is not included, then I see myself as a good person.
Mine It is not included but it is included in the sense that everyone seems to go through that phase and it does not seem that you are a bad person.
C. Ok. So the question was…how do I see myself.  I see myself as a normal regular person that want to succeed like everyone else in this world.
Mine Are you ambitious?
C. Yes, pretty ambitious.   Not in a bad way though.
Mine No, in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment