Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blog 13 short analysis development



Blog 13 short analysis draft
Short analysis

     I will seek to investigate what role language plays in the revision process by analyzing the teacher’s comments on a student’s paper.  I will proceed by answering my own question in the process of investigation.  Studying the data, will lead me to discovering information that are specifics in context. This student’s paper is a simply a draft in the working process.  The writing process involves many revision strategies. Every writer has unique revision methods operative for his own goals. For example, I like to do a series of revision over days and weeks.  Allowing my writing to sit for a couple of days and then returning to make changes permits me to look the writing in a new way.  This is when I am most able to express what I want to express in the intended manner. I also always have a person look over my writing before turning it in to the professor to detect any grammatical errors or a better way to say something.  For me, having someone read my writing at loud is one of my best revision strategies since I can discover hitches and check for tone.  But, every writer has purpose and audience awareness.  The two are the driving forces of my text. 

      There are many revision strategies derived from a teacher comments.  Obviously, a student would want to meet the audience expectation which in this case is the teacher.  The teacher provides the assignment, so the student will write and revise to meet the assignment guideline.

Which comments would most likely bring the student to change his writing?

What kinds of comments are making the writer rethink his writing?
What kind comments are more likely to derive the students to alter his writing?
At what instances of the paper is the teacher making comments and why?
What positive language is the teacher using that lets the student know when something is done right?
What kinds of comments or language usage are intended to improve the writing?
What kinds of comments will get the students to meet the teacher expectations?
What comments or feedback will entail the student to alter the writing?
What kinds of comments might be taken as suggestions or other as intended to get the students to change his approach?

No comments:

Post a Comment