Thursday, May 9, 2013

blog 28 evaluation of my research paper

Assessing my research project


Essay: 95 points
Data + analysis: 280 points
Writing process: 95 points



Evaluating your final draft:  Use the rubric below

Focus (30): clear statement of the research question(s) + the importance of the research and what it shows
direct statements of what the data shows
set up any background information necessary for the reader to understand the focus
appropriate choice of research essays
data is connected to the focus/makes points with respect to the focus(this area here probably not so well)

Audience/genre (24)
uses the correct forms for research essays( I connected
uses language the ways it is used in the sample research essays
draws authority from other research and the logic of the argument

Organization (28)
data is presented in the right place (here, I personally liked the way I incorporated the analysis of the language in the essay.
one idea leads logically to the next(Ideas connected to ideas)
definitions/data/categories  are presented and explained before they are "used" or referred to
uses headings + paragraphing in ways suitable for the material
each section develops the focus in a different way

Development (18)
detailed examples from the data to support the points(I did this part well done)
says what the examples show( I did this part well)
connects to the discussion of the research( I did this well)
develops an in-depth (not obvious) discussion of what the data show(in-depth-OK)

Correctness (4)
writing sufficiently clear so as not to confuse the meaning( I did my best)
not so many errors as to distract from the meaning of the text(I did my best)


Criteria: Data + analysis were listed on the assignment sheet as follows:
1. Data -I posted substantial data on time. 

2. Notes with a preliminary analysis I broke down my data and started analyzing them promptly.  In the beginning I was analyzing from different perspective, then I took me to a different focus and this prompted me to make drastic changes. Overall, I had large data but for the essay I maybe I came out short in giving supporting details.  My essay was rather short I believe. I am not sure.  It all depends how someone would see it.  I maintained the focus and tie ideas so my essay made perfect sense and that is very important. I did want to include things to just include them and what I included went well with my investigation. A very well clear focus.  I probably deserve around 480 points.

To evaluate your data+ Analysis:List the blog posts which included data + analysis
 21,22,24,25,26,27

Criteria for the Writing process were listed on the assignment sheet as follows:
I posted many revisions.
To evaluate your writing process:

21,22,24,25,26,27.  I kept updating these post because I like to type on Microsoft words and then copy and paste.  I do not like to post to many writing errors on the blog and this allows me to see them more clear.  So, there are a series of revisions.  But, for this area, I believe I should get 1, 2, 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment