Wednesday, April 3, 2013

blog 18 developing my writing and references



 1. Journal of Youth Studies:  Damned if they do, damned if they don't: negotiating the ricky context of anti-social behavior and keeping safe in disadvantage urban neighborhoods.


2. Journal of Adolescence:  Moral identity and psychological distance: The case of adolescent parental socialization. 

I am reading the above journals to educate myself further on relevant subjects area. I believe this will help me formulate my ideas and lead me to my research study. My research subject is very broad right now but I think through reading different material, I will be able to choose a more precise direct area of research.

3.  Losing Generations: Adolescents in High-Risk Settings. Authors:Panel on High-Risk Youth, National Research Council
Authoring Organizations

This penetrating book argues that the problems of troubled youths cannot be separated from the settings in which they live and that, consequently, many of our youth programs are failing. It addresses how the decline in economic security for working parents affects their children's life chances; how changes in household structure and the possibilities of violence threaten adolescents' development; how the decline of neighborhoods robs children of a safe environment; and how adolescents' health needs go unmet in the current system.
The purpose of reading this type book subject is to find information to my hypothesis in that adolescent are exposed to risks that could very well be mitigated through various mean.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment